FAQs About Car Accidents

Car accidents can be an emotionally and physically traumatic event. Hopefully, it’s not something that happens to you too frequently. If you are involved in an accident, you may have questions about what happens next. Here are some frequently asked questions about car accidents.

What Should I do After a Car Accident?

Your immediate concern after a car accident should be your health and wellbeing. Get medical care as soon as possible. You should seek medical care even if you’re not sure you’ve been injured, as there may be underlying injuries that haven’t yet presented themselves. Make sure you call the police and get a copy of the police report. Take pictures of the scene and the vehicles involved. Gather information about the driver and any witnesses. Call an experienced car accident attorney to discuss your options.

What is No-Fault Insurance?

If you live in Florida, you have no-fault insurance. This means that insurance payments can be made from your personal injury protection (PIP) regardless of who was at fault in the accident. The minimum requirement for insurance policies in Florida is $10,000. This may be enough to cover some injuries, but if you’ve been seriously injured, you may be able to seek compensation from the at-fault driver.

What if the At-Fault Driver Leaves the Scene or Doesn’t Have Insurance?

If you can’t recover your damages from an at-fault driver, then you may be able to recover from your uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM) protection. This is insurance that you should have as part of your policy that can cover damages beyond PIP if the other driver leaves the scene or doesn’t have insurance.

What if the At-Fault Driver Doesn’t Have Enough Insurance?

In this case, your UM coverage can kick in and cover any difference between the amount of coverage the at-fault driver has and your damages.

Should I Give a Recorded Statement to an Insurance Adjuster?

An insurance adjuster will probably call you to get your version of what happened in the accident. You do not have to speak to the adjuster, and it is probably wise not to until you’ve spoken to an attorney.

Do I Need an Attorney for My Car Accident Claim?

If you’re involved in a minor fender bender with little property damage and no injuries, then you probably won’t need the help of an attorney. However, if you’ve been injured in any way, you will want an experienced car accident attorney on your side. An attorney will know how to navigate the process and ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries.

Contact an Experienced Car Accident Attorney

If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you should consult with an experienced personal injury attorney. Gregg Goldfarb has been helping car accident victims for over 25 years. Contact us online or call us at 305-374-7000 to schedule a free consultation.

Are you suffering from a serious injury due to no fault of your own? Did your household product, medicine, or medical device cause serious health damage? Are you overwhelmed by the pain, emotional stress, and financial pressure that has been forced on you and your family? Don’t wait or hope for justice — let Gregg Goldfarb help you demand it from the people responsible.